Sunday, May 26, 2013

To the One... (Year 3)



ELJ3,

This is the third year of what now seems to be a birthday tradition...  I think that it started the first year because I didn't have enough money to get you a big present, but I wanted to do something special so you knew how much I love and appreciate you.  You are always so modest, so the grandest gesture I could think of (and afford!) was to write a post about how wonderful you are.  Three houses, a few major renovations (most planned, a few not!), one engagement, one wedding, a few teensy fights, millions of laughs, and in the blink of an eye, here we are, year number three of your birthday post!  The presents have gotten better I guess, but I think this is still pretty important too...


To the one who makes me feel like a genius when I figure out what's wrong with the washing machine and then spends the rest of the night fixing it while I sleep on the kitchen floor...




To the one who smiles through constant pain, muscle aches, and exhaustion and NEVER complains...

To the one who blows the horn at a Florida Highway Patrol car when I get impatient in TPC traffic...

To the one who grocery shops and cooks nearly every delicious meal for us (and even takes requests)...

To the one who gets up quietly and willingly with Baron at 5:30 a.m. when I pretend to be asleep and not hear him...

To the one who still calls me "pretty butt"...

To the one who gets along with everyone and inspires "man crushes" after the first time meeting someone new...

To the one who drinks wine out of a Tervis Tumbler and then goes crazy ordering Shari's Berries for Mother's Day...

To the one who runs cars off the road and threatens lives when someone makes an obscene gesture at me on A1A...

To the one who rents movies for us and doesn't get mad when I always fall asleep in the first five minutes...

To the one who'd rather grill and sit on the patio at home than be anywhere else...

To the one who sings with me even when he's ready for bed...

To the maker of the BEST hot sauce in the world...

To the one who supports me, listens to me vent, would do anything to help me, tolerates my ornery moods like no one else, knows when I need space and when I need attention, and for whatever reason remains my number one fan, even when I make it nearly impossible...

To the most thoughtful, kind, caring, fun-loving man than I know...


 
As my Grandmama used to say, you're the light of my life.  I love you and this is going to be your best year yet, I just know it!




No comments:

Post a Comment